Work is executed by Agents on the Field Manager App based on Instructions. A single Instruction is related to a single Meter.
A Utility sends Instructions to its Agents or a Contractor.
There are six different types of Instructions:
- Read: The reading of a Meter.
- Audit: The answering of preconfigured Audit questions relating to a Site where a Meter is installed.
- Connect: Reconnection of a disconnected Meter.
- Disconnect: Disconnection of a connected Meter.
- Install: The installation of a Meter at a Site.
- Uninstall: The removal of a Meter at a Site.
Replacement is a special type of Instruction that includes an Uninstall and Install Instruction.
Proposed coming Instruction Types are as follows:
- SIM card swap.
- Modem Install.
- WeBill communication Model swap
- Meter Calibration.
- Communication Test.
- Customer Interface Unit (CIU) Install.
- CIU Swap.
- Final Notice Delivery.
Under certain circumstances Instructions cannot be executed, for example, a vicious dog bars the entrance to a Site; in this case, the Agent does not submit an Instruction, but rather submits an Exception.
Some Exceptions qualify for payment, meaning Exception Codes need to be configured to ensure that only valid Exceptions are submitted.
The fact that an Instruction was executed, does not mean that the result of the Instruction is correct. A host of Quality Control (QC) measures can be applied to the result. If one or more of the QC measures fail, the result is unsuccessful.
Audits are carried out using an Audit Form.
Given that the Audit Instructions will differ between different Utility types and from circumstance to circumstance, it is impossible to devise a predetermined Audit Form. The Field Manager Module enables Organisations to create their Audit Forms.