To register with the Consumer App, the Consumer must be Invited by an Organisation.
In the Portfolio Module, an Organisation registers Consumers with Sites and Units, using the Consumer information the Organisation has. When an Organisations’ Consumer is associated with a Site or Unit, the Organisation can elect to Invite the Organisation's Consumer to manage the associated Meters with the Consumer App.
An Organisations’ Consumer can only be Invited if the Organisation has one or more of the Consumer’s contact details: email address or mobile phone number.
Refer to the Portfolio Module on how to Invite a Consumer.
A Consumer who receives an Invitation either by email or SMS must accept the Invitation to be able to manage the utilities associated with the Invitation. The Invitation will always be related to a single Site or Unit. Where the Consumer is associated with more than one Site or Unit by an Organisation, there will be a separate Invitation for each association.
Acceptance of the Invitation is achieved in one of two ways:
- Log in with an Invitation Code
- This is only possible if the Consumer has already registered on the Consumer App.
- If a Consumer gets more than one invitation the Consumer should log in and accept the Invitation but should not re-register.
- The benefit of a Single Sign On (SSO) includes:
- Streamline utility management.
- Visibility of all Meters in one place.
- Registering as a new Consumer
When the Consumer has never registered, the Consumer has to register with the Invitation Code.