A Site is a physical location with an address; utilities are supplied to and consumed at the Site. Meters and other utility measurement Devices are installed at and associated with a Site.
A Site must have a name and a physical location, which is the address of the Site. GPS coordinates corresponding to the Sites address are configured. If no corresponding GPS points can be confirmed for the address, the closest GPS points will be associated with the Site.
- The Site name and Address of an Organisation need to be unique.
- It is possible for a Site to have the same Site name as another Site. In this case, the Site address must be different.
- It is advisable to give a meaningful name and description to a Site.
- It is common for a Site to be connected to a 3rd party system, for example, a property management system. This connection is facilitated by means of a Site Reference.
- Sites can be tagged, which enables the creation of a hierarchical structure.
- The area of a Site can be designated. In many cases, common area liabilities are calculated based on the ratio of the Unit area to the total Site area.
- Where pre-paid billing is contemplated for a Site, a minimum balance for all the Pre-Paid Meters on the Site can be configured.